Girth Welder also know as 3 O'Clock Welder and Automatic Girth Welder
The AGW is a self-propelled frame designed to apply efficient horizontal seam welds by means of the Submerge Arc Welding (SAW) Process. The AGW rides along the upper edge of a large diameter filed storage tank while applying inside and/or outside welding. Compared with conventional technique, the AGW reduces the contstruction rate 25 times and cuts welding time 2.
- AGW-1 (Single Side): Compatible with Traditional Method and Tank Jacking
- AGW-1-C (Compact Single Side): Compatible with Traditional Method and Tank Jacking
- AGW-2 (Double Side): Compatible with Traditional Method
- AGW-2 Stand Frame
- LNG AGW-1 (Singe Side): Compatible with Traditional Method and Tank Jacking
- Basket (Single Side): Compatible with Traditional Method and Tank Jacking
- Linear Oscillator Tractor
- Irizar Magnetic Device
3D Model AGW-1
- Designed and Engineered in Canada
- Control Box: Forward/Stop/Reverse & Digital display with variable speed
- Flux recovery: On/Off
- Four plugs in 110V, 50/60 HZ, 1P or 220V, 50/60HZ 1P
- Emergency Stop
- Motors and Control Box with IP 54 protection against dust and heavy rain
- Frequency drive made by TECO Westinghouse or Panasonic
- AGW-1: It is compatible with Traditional Tank Construction Method driving hanged on the upper edge of the tank. It is also compatible with Tank Jacking Methoed driving at ground level on a rail outside and around the tank. Conversion time takes about two hours.
- For LNG Double Wall Tank built with Traditional Methoed use LNG AGW-1. This unit fits on 1.0 m space between inner & outer tanks.
- For LNG built with Jacks select the AGW-1-C. This unit apply welding inside and outside the tank; fits on 850 mm space driving on a flat bar of 1/2 inch thickness x 4 inch width hanged on bracket support.